Tuesday, April 18, 2006

partenariat de correspondance / correspondence match

Bonjour à tout le monde,

Last evening, a friend of mine, Graham, who is teaching with the Teach For America program at a High School in Arkansas, and I decided that we would start a correspondence between his students and myself while I am in Togo, hopefully also to include people in my future village of residence. Bringing rural Togo to classrooms back home would be a great beginning to fulfilling my mission as a Peace Corps volunteer (PCV)

Graham, whom I first met when we were fellow exchange students in France, and myself are both fresh college graduates. This partnership is an especially neat opportunity in my eyes because we will be able to help enrich eachother's first few professional/ post-college steps...

I also hope to start a correspondance with a classroom headed by a former teacher of mine at elementary or middle school...

à plus,

cwt